Monday 15 April 2019

Zucchini - Large- Stuffed With Spicy Ground Beef

Usually the Zucchini I buy are about 10cm high. They had these humungous things at the grocery store at a really good price so I thought I'd try them out. Vegetable Marrows are pretty tasteless at the best of times so I decided to stuff them with something spicy.

When my neighbour left 18 months ago she gave me some stuff from her pantry and although I've used up most of it I had this packet of Taco Salsa and some Burrito Seasoning. So I decided to use them up to create a Mexican feel.

INGREDIENTS

2 large zucchini
1 onion
4 cloves garlic
1 green bell pepper
½ packet Burrito seasoning
1 packet Taco Salsa 
450 gm minced beef or whatever you prefer.
grated cheese. (I used White Cheddar)                                
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce.

METHOD

- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise after cutting off the ends.
Scoop out the seeds and discard.
- Scoop out the flesh until you have a nice boat shape,  keeping some of the flesh to chop into the filling and save the rest for another day (soup perhaps)
 - Brush with olive oil and bake for about 20 minutes at 180°C.

In a frying pan saute the onions until soft along with the green bell pepper.

Add the meat and fry for about 3 mins.
Add the spices, taco sauce and garlic and mix well together.
Put on a low heat and simmer with the lid on for about 30
 minutes.

Allow the mince mixture to cool.

Fill the marrows and bake in a 180° C oven for about 40 mins.
Top with cheese and give them another 10 minutes in the oven to melt the cheese.

Serve with sour cream and guacamole.





No comments: