Thursday 2 January 2014

Cheesecake with caramel and chocolate drizzle

I don't bake a lot but when I find a recipe I like I get really excited. This cheesecake recipe is really 1st class. It's from Elize Bauer's site, Simply Recipes and I can't believe how simple it is to make. The directions are easy to follow and the result is outstanding. I made it for Christmas Eve and everyone loved it. I topped it with caramel and drizzled it with chocolate ganache. Because it was a festive occasion, I topped it with a fresh rose sprinkled with silver powder and dusted the whole cake with more silver powder. Went a bit overboard I think with the silver dust. It wasn't quite as high as the one in Simply Recipes, but that's because I used a big tin. I think it's actually better if you're making a desert to have smaller slices. I can really recommend this recipe.


No comments: