Wednesday 28 May 2014

Jam Omelette

This is great for breakfast or a healthy dessert. It was on the menu of our restaurant, The Red Sails Inn in Hout Bay. When I was a child I thought the idea of a sweet omelette gross, but once I tried it I got hooked. You can use any jam that you have available. I prefer smooth apricot.



INGREDIENTS

2 large eggs
2 tablespoons cream or milk.
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Jam. Just as much as you want.
cinnamon for dusting




  • Beat the eggs together with the cream/milk and the sugar and vanilla.
  • Heat some butter in a pan and make an omelette in the usual way
  • When it's still soft but nearly ready to flip over onto the plate, add the jam. As the jam starts to heat up from the omelette it oozes out the sides. 
  • dust with cinnamon and serve

No comments: