Monday 9 December 2013

More Products I like.



Lots of exciting products in the shops. Especially at this time of the year. Makes cooking and preparing food even more interesting. Here are some of the ones I fancy:


  1. Ortalli AGED Balsamic Vinegar. This is the first time that I've ever treated myself to a really top quality aged balsamic vinegar. Aged for 12 years, I'm looking forward to trying it.
  2. Pakco  Mango Atchar adds pizzazz to any curry.
  3. La CosteƱa Chipotle peppers in Adobo sauce. Hmm, I feel a mexican meal coming on. Must learn to make Mole sauce.
  4. Cupido chocolate cups. Little chocolate cups that you can use to fill with whatever your heart desires. I'm going to use them for Christmas Eve when I have the whole family round for dinner. Will certainly add some interest to the desert table. Watch this space. I have a great idea. Hope it works out.
  5. Banditos  Pickled Jalapeno peppers. I actually always have a jar of these in the fridge. Great for quesadillas or on toasted sandwiches. Chuck a few into a pasta sauce.
  6. Sally Williams, a South African brand of Nougat have brought out some delicious chocolate bars made with Belgian chocolate and nougat.
  7. De Rustica , South African extra virgin olive oil. South Africa produces very high quality olive oil. Many different brands on the market.
  8. All Gold, green fig preserve. Made in SA. Lovely with cheeses of all kinds and also amazing on pizza.

No comments: